- S/PDIF - Sony/Philips Digital Interface. Alternative for HDMI. Used for digital audio.
Connectors are coaxial (RCA) and optical (Toslink).
- PCM - Pulse-code modulation is a method used to digitally represent sampled analog signals
- LPCM Linear pulse-code modulation is a specific type of PCM where the quantization levels are linearly uniform.
ALSA - Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
To direct microphone to the speakers:
To apply echo cancellation:
JACK Audio Connection Kit:
Working with Internal Audio Routing:
IC7300's USB Devices
The IC7300's USB interface has the following devices:
- The PCM2901/2903 is TI's single-chip Stereo USB1.1 stereo audio CODEC with USB-compliant full-speed
protocol controller (and S/PDIF only on PCM2903). On-chip analog PLLs with SpAct enable playback
and record with low clock jitter and with independent playback and record sampling rates.
- The CP2102 chip is a single chip USB to UART bridge IC. The CP2102 can be used to migrate legacy serial
port based devices to USB. Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. has bben acquired by Silicon Laboratories.
- The TUSB2046x is a 3.3-V CMOS hub device that provides one upstream port and four downstream
ports in compliance with the Universal Serial Bus (USB) specification as a full-speed hub.
Plug-in USB Sound Cards/Devices
Switch Audio Device on the fly
apt install audacity:
Independent ALSA and linux audio support site - MultipleCards:
How to use Pulse to manage sound on Linux::
Understanding Linux Audio:
Configuring Sound on Linux/HW Address:
How do you set a default audio output device in Ubuntu 18.04?:
How do you switch the audio out from the speakers to a USB speaker from the command line?:
Glenn Lyons VK4PK
Ver:gnl20200130 - pre published v0.9