TL494 - 400W 15A DC-DC Step-up Constant Current Power Supply
This is a great 400W DC to DC step-up power supply module.
Input and output are designed with screw terminals for convenient
wire connection and disconnection. High efficiency, the maximum conversion
efficiency can be 96% and efficiency is related to input/output voltage,
current and voltage difference. There are 2 heat sinks that would ensure
a better heat dissipation. It can also be used as a driver for high power
LED lights or voltage regulator for solar panels.
Output Voltage/Current Adjustment:
- Type: Non-isolated boost module
- Input Voltage: DC8.5V to 50V
- Output Voltage: DC10V to 60V (continuously adjustable, default 19V)
- Max. Input Current: 15A (enhance heat dissipation if more than 8A)
- Max. Output Current: 12A (related to the input and output voltage difference, the greater voltage difference is, the smaller output current will be. please enhance heat dissipation when current is over 7A)
- Quiescent Current: 10mA(will increase when convert 12V to 20V)
- Constant Current Range: 0.2A to 12A
- Output Power = Input Voltage*Current
- Operating Temperature: -40℃ to 85℃(if temperature is too high, please enhance heat dissipation)
- Frequency: 150KHz
- Max. Conversion Efficiency: 96% (Efficiency is related to input/output voltage, current and voltage difference)
- Over Current Protection: Yes (if input current is more than 15A, it will automatic reduce output voltage)
- Reverse Input Protection: No
- Size: 67 x 48 x 28mm / 2.63 x 1.89 x 1.1"
Note:If you use the module for battery charging, connect to output after battery is fully discharged.
- Adjust "CV-ADJ" potentiometer clockwise to reduce voltage, counterclockwise to increase voltage.
- Adjust "CC-ADJ" potentiometer counterclockwise about 30 circles to minimize the output current
before connecting to load(clockwise to increase current, counterclockwise to reduce current).
- Then adjust "CC-ADJ" clockwise to the current value you need.
Because if the more energy is left in battery, the less charging current will be.
Glenn Lyons VK4PK
Ver:gnl20182018 - pre published v0.9